Raffle 2018-19: Dinner for Two, Anywhere in the World!
The Fox Valley UU Fellowship is holding a raffle to benefit the programs and ministries of the Fellowship, whose mission is to Welcome Everyone, Grow in Mind and Spirit, and Lead in Social Justice.
The prize for the winner is: Dinner for Two Anywhere in the World.
Total prize is $6,000*. This includes airfare for two on a commercial airline, hotel, and other transportation costs as arranged either by a recommended travel agent (paid directly to agent) or reimbursed with receipts to prize winner. Remaining prize value will be given in the form of a check to pay for dinner and other travel expenses.
* Redeemable prize value is $6,000. Total prize value will be the $6,000 redeemable amount, plus the portion of federal and state taxes withheld and paid by the Fellowship. See terms and conditions, below.
Raffle tickets cost $20 each. We invite all Fellowship members, friends, and attendees to participate by selling tickets. Our goal is 2,000 tickets sold.
Ask your neighbors, friends, extended family members and co-workers to buy a ticket to help support the wonderful ministries and programs of the Fellowship including Sunday services, open-minded Religious Education for children and youth, pastoral care when people are struggling, officiating weddings, baby dedications, and memorials (regardless of theology, family structure, sexual orientation, or gender expression), our work for justice in the community, and much more!.
We will sell tickets from December 2, 2018 to February 10, 2019. The Fellowship office will have extra tickets if you would like more!
Terms and Conditions
- The Fox Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Inc. (herein referred to as the Fellowship) is holding a raffle to benefit the programs and ministries of the Fellowship, whose mission is to Welcome Everyone, Grow in Mind and Spirit, and Lead in Social Justice.
- The Prize for the Winner is: Dinner for Two, Anywhere in the World. The Winner is entitled to two round-trip airline flights on a commercial airline, to and from any major international airport, dinner for two at the restaurant of their choice (excluding alcoholic beverages), and hotel accommodations for two. Destination and restaurant will be selected by the Winner. Total Prize value is not to exceed $6,000 (income reported to federal and state taxing authorities will be greater than the $6,000 Prize value – see note at the end of this document).
- Travel arrangements must be made through Heart of the Valley Travel (Appleton) or Kiwi Travel (Appleton), with the travel related portion of the Prize to be a minimum of $3,000. Any amount over $3,000 not expended for travel may be awarded in cash (up to the $6,000 total). Any costs over $6,000 are the responsibility of the Winner. The Prize is not transferable. Travel must be booked by June 15, 2019.
- You must be 18 years of age as of February 17, 2018 to win the Prize. The Winner may be required to provide proof of age acceptable to Fox Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship.
- Tickets will be sold from December 2, 2018 to February 10, 2019. The cost is $20 per ticket and may be purchased by cash or check. Each ticket must list the purchaser’s name, address, and telephone number, and it is recommended that the stub be signed by the purchaser for recordkeeping purposes.
- Purchase of a ticket is not considered a donation and is not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes.
- The raffle drawing will be held on Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 10:15 a.m. at the Fellowship, 2600 E Philip Lane, Appleton, WI 54915, and will also be live streamed on the Fellowship Facebook page facebook.com/fvuuf.
- Winner need not be present, and will be contacted by telephone and via registered mail using the information provided on the winning ticket. Winner must consent to the use of their name, comments, and photographs by the Fellowship for promotional purposes without further compensation.
- Prior to accepting the Prize, Winner must provide the Fellowship with a W-9, and a clear and readable photocopy of identification (such as driver’s license or passport). Winner’s social security number may be verified by the Fellowship, and additional forms or information may be required for tax reporting purposes before the Prize is released.
- The Winner will receive a W-2G form from the Fellowship, and the value of the Prize will be treated as ordinary income to the Winner for federal and state income tax purposes.
- The Fellowship will pay all associated taxes per federal and state income tax guidelines, resulting in income to the Winner reported to federal and state taxing authorities, that is greater than the $6,000 Prize value listed above.
- The Fellowship is not liable for any loss, injury, death, accident, theft, illness, or other misfortune of any nature whatsoever incurred during this trip or resulting from it. By accepting airline tickets or any other portion of the Prize, the Winner releases the Fellowship, its employees, trustees, agents, and attorneys from any and all obligations to the Prize and any and all claims or causes of action that may exist against the Fellowship known or unknown, as well as any such obligations, claims, or causes of action arising from the Winner’s acceptance of the Prize. The Fellowship makes no warranty whatsoever, express or implied, with respect to the Prize.
- Raffle tickets or payments for purchase of raffle tickets may not be deposited in the federal postal service; doing so is a violation of federal laws and may lead to penalties.
- Fellowship staff are not eligible to win.