Consistent with our seven principles, the Fellowship is organized democratically. The congregation, by majority vote, has final authority for running the Fellowship, including policies for operation, the raising and allocation of funds and the selection of ministers.
The Governing Board articulates the Fellowship’s vision through its governing policies (see link below) and monitors the work of the Executive Team, known as the X-Team. The X-Team includes the Senior Minister, Director of Finance and Operations and Assistant Minister. The X-Team makes the decisions about how things happen here and the operation policies.
Minutes of our Board meetings are available for review by members upon request. Please contact the Fellowship office for more information.
Meetings occur on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. The Governing Board wants to hear from you. We are setting aside five minutes at the beginning of every Board meeting for a “time for congregants” to come and speak to the Board on any topic they wish, for up to five minutes. We look forward to hearing from you!
Rooted in our Unitarian Universalist identity, the people of the Fellowship embrace our collective responsibility to live our values within and beyond our walls. Across the lifespan, we:
- Love each other in times of joy, sorrow, and transition
- Live a life of purpose, rooted in spiritual practice, service, and wonder
- Create a culture of radical hospitality and compassion
- Form deep and authentic relationships across differences
- Are a visible presence and resource, courageously challenging injustice and inequity
- Work to end discrimination and systemic racism within ourselves, our congregation, and the world around us
- Generously share our time, talent, and treasure, in a spirit of joy and abundance
Jeff Miller, President
Bradley Shipps, Vice-President
Lisa O’Connor, Secretary
Pat Mitchell, Treasurer
If you would like to share your thoughts, or have questions or concerns, please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.