Annual Meeting 2021
Sunday, June 6 at 11:15 AM CT
May 21, 2021
Dear Beloved Community,
On behalf of the Governing Board, I invite you to attend the 2021 Annual Meeting on Sunday, June 6 at 11:15 AM CT via Zoom (HERE). This link will take you to a registration page. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. All members in one household should each register separately. Anyone can attend, but all meeting attendees will be required to register to help us establish quorum.
As Unitarian Universalists, our fifth principle upholds the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large. Your voice and your vote are essential to fully living our chosen faith!
We will have one service at 10:00 AM on Sunday, June 6. After the service, please plan to join the Annual Meeting a few minutes early so that we can establish quorum and record attendance.
Given the items on the enclosed agenda, we expect the Annual Meeting will last 45-90 minutes. However, the total length of the meeting depends largely on the amount of discussion generated.
Voting will be conducted via SurveyMonkey. The link to the online ballot will be emailed after the meeting to members who attended the Zoom meeting, allowing 72 hours to complete the ballot. Members who cannot attend may request an absentee ballot, which will be emailed. Contact Cyndi Polakowski at email@example.com to request an absentee ballot. Members who do not use email may request a paper ballot by calling 920.731.0849 and leaving a message for Phyllis Schmitt. Absentee ballots must be completed online or postmarked prior to the meeting.
If you would like to hear more about any of the proposed items on the enclosed agenda, please join us for a Pre-Meeting Q & A on Wednesday, June 2 at 6:00 PM CT via Zoom (HERE). Registration is not required for the pre-meeting. This informational session will review the proposed 2021-22 annual budget, the resolution to reaffirm the establishment and purpose of the Fellowship endowment, outline proposed bylaw changes(including the proposal to eliminate the Planned Giving Committee-PGC- from the bylaws in an effort to streamline our fundraising efforts), and introduce candidates for election. Members of the Executive Team and Governing Board will be on hand to answer your questions.
A reminder that all members and friends of the Fellowship are welcome at the Annual Meeting, but only members who joined on or before April 12, 2021 may vote. Non-member friends may be given the courtesy of the floor, but may not vote or make motions.
Our Annual Meeting is an essential part of the Fellowship’s democratic governance process, and your participation is greatly valued. I look forward to seeing you there!
Governing Board President
Fox Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
Annual Meeting Agenda
To read additional information about the agenda items before the meeting or to easily follow along with the agenda please click the links for each item below.
- Establish Quorum
- Chalice Lighting (Rev. Christina Leone Tracy, Senior Minister)
- Call to Order (Bradley Shipps, Governing Board President)
- Principles for a Healthy Congregation (Trisha Huizenga, Healthy Congregations Team)
- Procedure for Discussion and Voting (Bradley Shipps, Governing Board President)
- Approval of 2020 Annual Meeting Minutes (Bradley Shipps, Governing Board President)
- Year in Review (2020-21) Annual Report 2020-2021
- Governing Board Report (Bradley Shipps, Governing Board President)
- X-Team Report (Rev. Christina Leone-Tracy, Senior Minister)
- Treasurer’s Report (Theresa Hannah, Governing Board Treasurer)
- Resolution to Reaffirm the Establishment and Purpose of the Fellowship Endowment (Sam Zinth): Endowment Resolution & FAQs
- Bylaw Changes Related to Planned Giving Committee (Sam Zinth, Planned Giving Committee Chair & Eric Riggers, Stewardship Committee)
- Additional Bylaw Changes (Bradley Shipps, Governing Board President)
- Leadership Elections (Justin Fisher, Leadership Development Committee Chair)
- Governing Board
- Leadership Development Committee
- Proposed 2021-22 Annual Operating Budget (Phyllis Schmitt, Director of Finance and Operations)
- Adjourn (Bradley Shipps, Governing Board President)
- Chalice Extinguishing Words (Bradley Shipps, Governing Board President)
Check back for more information coming soon!